At Eastpoint Dental, we are always available to help you deal with acute dental issues. At the same time, we believe it is better to prevent them from ever happening in the first place. That is why we offer preventive dentistry services that can minimize the chances of any cavities developing.
We encourage all of our patients to visit us every six months for regular cleaning. This allows us to look at your smile, remove plaque and tartar, and catch issues before they get worse.
Why Do I Need Preventative Dentistry Visits?
If you are feeling fine, you might wonder why you need to come to see us for a regular cleaning. After all, you probably brush your teeth twice a day and floss regularly.
Some of the reasons to visit us every six months include:
- No matter how well you brush and floss, you cannot prevent all plaque and tartar from forming on your teeth. We have the training, tools, and experience necessary to remove biofilm from your mouth.
- There might be issues with your mouth that you may not have even noticed. Not all oral health problems cause symptoms immediately, and this gives us an opportunity to address potentially serious issues before they get out of hand.
- Advances are made in the field of dentistry all the time. We may have new cleaning techniques, equipment, and solutions we can use to help you protect your smile.
For these reasons, we recommend you visit us every six months for a regular cleaning.
What Happens at a Preventative Visit?
When you arrive for your dental appointment, there are several important tasks we will complete. They include:
- First, we will brush your teeth thoroughly.
- We will thoroughly floss your teeth to make sure we remove any debris in between your teeth.
- Then, a trained dental hygienist will use a variety of tools, equipment, and cleaning solutions to remove plaque and tartar from the surfaces of your teeth.
- We will also give you a fluoride treatment to protect your teeth from developing decay down the road.
- After that, we may take a set of dental X-rays. These are important because they allow us to see what is happening underneath the gum line.
- Finally, the dentist will do a thorough examination to make sure any potential issues are identified and corrected.
Count on our team to help you protect your oral health.
Preventative Dental Care With Eastpoint Dental in Blacklick
What is better than receiving comfortable dentistry? The answer is never needing the work in the first place. That’s why at Eastpoint Dental, we do everything possible to prevent decay (cavities) from ever forming to begin with. Give us a call today to schedule an appointment at (614) 755-2275.